Dr. Fu-Shing Sun
<b>Department: </b>Computer Science<br><b>Research Area: </b>Data Analytics, Data Mining, and Machine Learning<br>
Department: Computer Science
Research Focus: Data Analytics, Data Mining, and Machine Learning.
Potential Student Project(s):
- News Analytics: collect online news articles, clean and process news, analyze texts via language tools
- Dynamic Data Visualization: investigate, design, and develop interactive data visualization software tools
- AI and Machine Learning: investigate emerging AI and Machine Learning applications (with software focus)
Attributes/skills/background sought in undergraduate:
Knowledge of Python programming and interested in data-oriented software development.
- understand students' interests and background knowledge
- mutually design a semester-long project (goal-oriented)
- come up with a weekly working plan
- arrange communication means and schedules between mentor and students
- students actively work on his/her projects, and seek help promptly via the established communication channels,
- students need to submit a final product, e.g., a software program or report, at the end of the semester.
Contact: 765-285-8641, RB 376