The Frank A. Bracken Administration Building, also known as the Ad Building, houses administrative offices that include the president, provost, and vice presidents. It is the university's oldest building and was originally constructed to house the Eastern Indiana Normal Institute, a precursor of Ball State. The building is recognizable for its distinct yellow bricks.
Indianapolis attorney Frank A. Bracken, who served on the university's Board of Trustees from 1980 to 2012. His son, Thomas C. Bracken, succeeded him in the position. Including Frank A. Bracken's father, Alexander M. Bracken, his grandfather Frank C. Ball, and his great-uncle George A. Ball, a member of the family has served on the board from the time the five Ball brothers founded the institution.
Year completed: 1899; renovated in 1999
Associate Vice President for Human Resources and Administrative Services
Main Office: AD 103
Main Office: AD 207
Chief Strategy Office
Main Office: AD AD 101
Main Office: AD 208