The Ball Communication
Building houses offices and classrooms for our Department of Telecommunications and Center for Information and Communication
Sciences (CICS), along with Online and Strategic Learning. The building is also home to the Teleplex, which provides media services to the university and public
television and radio programming to east central Indiana. The Art and
Journalism, Letterman, and Ball Communication buildings are connected and form
a communications complex.
Edmund F. Ball (1905-2000), a Muncie industrialist and son of Edmund B. Ball, one of the original five Ball brothers. He was president of Ball Corporation and a charter member of the Ball State Foundation.
Year completed: 1988; renovated in 2003