Studebaker West Hall, better known as Stu West, is one of the University's residence
halls. The nine-story building is divided into halls that include Palmer/Davidson and Painter/Whitcraft.
Palmer/Davidson is home to the Education and Business Living-Learning Communities, and Painter/Whitcraft houses the Social Sciences Living-Learning Community.
Mark E. Studebaker, first business education professor and head of the Department of Business (on faculty from 1918-1954). The halls are named for Ethelyn Davidson, former associate professor of education; Claude E. Palmer, former head of the music department; Floy Ruth Painter, former professor of social science; and L.H. Whitcraft, former professor and head of mathematics department.
Year completed: 1964; renovated in 2000