Dr. Sehyun Yun
<b>Department: </b>Elementary Education<br><b>Research Area: </b>Bilingual and biliteracy development of children, Elementary teacher professional development, culturally responsive pedagogy
Department: Elementary Education
Research Focus: Bilingual and biliteracy development of children, Elementary teacher professional development, culturally responsive pedagogy
Potential Student Project(s):
Potential student projects may be related to:
- Preservice teachers' development of literacy pedagogy for diverse young children
- Translanguaging pedagogy for bi/multilingual children
- Early literacy instruction
Attributes/skills/background sought in undergraduate:
I would like to work with a student who is: organized, reliable, interested in the teaching profession, passionate
about writing and research, and excited to gain new knowledge.
I am available to meet with the student once or twice per week for a one-hour duration, either onsite or by scheduling an online or offline meeting. During these mentoring sessions, I will assist the student in:
• Creating a goal statement for independent projects
• Critiquing and interpreting scientific literature and research proposals
• Developing a timetable for the implementation of activities and completion of project requirements
• Creating an appropriate research plan of investigation
• Writing a mini research proposal
The student will also have the opportunity to present the research proposal or findings to the classes and/or Ball State University’s Annual Student Symposium.
The student researcher will work 5 h/week on the project including a 1-on-1 interaction with me for at least 1 hour/week.
Contact: 765-285-8572, TC 305