- loftable furniture
- air conditioned
- semi-private bathrooms
For a detailed walk-through of Schmidt/Wilson Hall, watch this video.
Located in the new north residential neighbor, Schmidt/Wilson provides students with easy access to academic buildings, and the Jo Ann Gora Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Renovated in 2017, Schmidt/Wilson is the home of the Theatre, Dance, and Design Living Learning Communities.
Rates for each hall vary depending on the type of meal plan you select and the room type selected. See all of our rates and plans.
Schmidt/Wilson Rooms and Rates 2019-20
21 Meal Plan
18 Meal Plan
14 Meal Plan
10 Meal Plan
Single use of a Double Room*
* Single use of a double room or suite or apartment is available only when space permits.
- game room
- music room
- computer lab
- fitness room
- dance studio
- design studio
- black box theatre
- trash can
- wireless Internet
- wired Internet
- PCs (in Computer Lab)
- Macs (in Computer Lab)
- printer (in Computer Lab)
This residence hall does not feature an eat-in food service, but the following Dining facilities are nearby.
On top of the many amenities we provide, we strive to serve all students, including students who are transgender, those with disabilities, and students of any age. Learn more
Theatre & Dance
The Theatre and Dance Living-Learning Community is a community for students studying theatre, teaching of theatre, and dance majors. Residents in this community are encouraged to explore student and professional organizations, interact with faculty members and upper-level students, and seek out professionals and alumni in their fields.
- use of a black box theatre, dance studio, practice room, and stage
- opportunity to participate in Improv workshops and shows at the Muncie Civic Theatre
- travel to see Broadway national tours
Majors housed within the Theatre and Dance LLC include (but are not limited to):
- theatrical creation
- directing and stage management
- design and technology
- theatre education
- musical theatre
- Department of Theatre and Dance
- Career Center
- Academic Advising
The Design Living-Learning Community gives freshmen majoring in art, design, and architecture the opportunity to participate in discussions, gallery showcases, and field trips to meet with professionals in the field and live with others exploring the design world. Faculty members will assist freshmen in connecting with upper-level students, learning professional skills, and participation in unique experiences within the community.
- visits to art museums, student gallery showcases, in-hall advising nights, learning about internship opportunities, and more
- programs tailored to Design majors
- develop leadership and interpersonal skills through involvement in student organizations and activities (both within and outside of the living-learning community)
- use design studio and collaborate with Theatre and Dance Living-Learning Community
Majors housed within the Design LLC include (but are not limited to):
- art education
- apparel design
- interior design
- fashion merchandising
- environmental design
- landscape architecture
- urban planning and development
- construction management
- interior design
Our Living-Learning Communities are part of a university-wide set of programs that provide a supportive environment for freshmen, which has been recognized by “U.S. News & World Report” since 2004. Learn more.
Live at Ball State
Do you know where you want to live next year? Then it’s time to sign up! Or maybe you’re considering attending Ball State and would like to see this place for yourself. You can schedule a campus tour through our Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Sign Up for Housing
Visit Campus Contact Us