Outdoor Pursuits offers a variety of trips each semester to match any level of experience. Trips range from short day trips to extended week-long expeditions. Trips are open on a first-come, first-served basis and are usually limited to a certain number of participants. The minimum number will vary depending upon the nature and location of the trip.
Outdoor Pursuit Trips Summer Bridge 2023 Offerings are below and LIVE TO REGISTER!
July 10 - July 14, 2023
Nantahala Outdoor Center Adventure
Bryson City, North Carolina
Your adventure will begin with a meet and greet at the Outdoor Pursuits climbing wall. You will enjoy rock climbing, group activities, and a pizza party. You will get to have a lock-in at the Rec Center to learn some useful outdoor skills. The following morning, you will head to North Carolina and spend three nights camping in the Smoky Mountains, preparing meals around a campfire, and exploring the natural wonders of the area. We will get to take a guided rafting trip down the Nantahala River, one of America’s most popular white water rafting runs, with professional guides, as well
as take part in a Mountaintop zip line course. There will be plenty of time for small hikes, games, and relaxing in the outdoors. No experience is necessary for any of the activities.
Registration Closes June 9, 2023
Register for Summer Bridge NOC!
July 17 - July 21, 2023
Midwest Three State Road Trip
Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana
This adventure begins with a meet and greet at the Outdoor Pursuits climbing wall. You will enjoy rock climbing, group activities, and a pizza party. You will get to have a lock-in at the Rec Center to learn some useful outdoor skills. The following morning, we will hit the road for our first destination, Shawnee State Park in Ohio. Participants will be able to choose from a variety of activities there, including hiking, disc golf, outdoor games, and boating. We will spend the night at the park, before packing up the next morning and heading off to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky. There, we will get to see some of the most beautiful rock formations in the Midwest, including the famous Natural Bridge. We will spend the evening camping out under the stars with a campfire and s’mores. The next day, we will head off to our final destination back in our home state at Brown County State Park. We can either enjoy some of the natural amenities of the park, or head back into civilization in Nashville, Indiana for some shopping or even dinner! This trip will have options for all ability and experience levels.
Registration Closes June 16, 2023
REGISTER FOR SUMMER BRIDGE MIDWEST ROAD TRIP!
Workshops have concluded for the semester.
Steps to Sign Up
- Visit https://recreation.bsu.edu/ to log into your new Recreation Services Membership Portal.
- Sign into your account using your BSU information by selecting "Sign in with BSU Username and Password".
- Once logged in, select “Memberships and Waivers” from the options below. Select “OP Health Questionnaire” from a list of options.
- Follow the steps to complete the waiver. This waiver will stay on file for one year.
- Complete the waiver by selecting "Add to Cart" then "Checkout".
- Once the waiver has been completed, return to the home page select “Programs and Registrations” from the options below. Select “Trips and Clinics” from a list of options.
- Complete the payment process with credit card.
For those who do not have a BSU log-in, register for your guest profile by selecting “Sign Up”
located in the top right corner. Follow the steps to create a profile and verify your account.
- Ninety percent of payment is refundable if the participant withdraws at least 10 business days prior to the trip or clinic date. Less than 10 business days results in no refund.
- Further restrictions may be placed on longer, more costly trips (such as Spring Break trips).
- All trips and clinics that have a non-refundable deposit element will be identified as such.
- All trip fees are fully refundable if Outdoor Pursuits cancels the trip or clinic for any reason.
- All trip refund requests must go through the Coordinator of Outdoor Pursuits.
Find Your Challenge
Each trip on the registration page has been labeled with intensity and experience levels to better help you identify which Outdoor Pursuits experience is right for you! Please carefully read the trip description and do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions.
This trip is designed for fun and relaxation. If you’re able to make your way across campus without any problem, you’re ready for these trips. Most single-day trips fit into this category.
This trip will require a moderate amount of walking, paddling, biking, active participation, etc. Plan to spend the majority of the day up and moving.
This trip will require a significant amount of hiking, paddling, biking, climbing, active participation, etc. Plan to spend more time moving than you’re used to.
These trips will test you physically. Long days, long mileage, and challenging terrain are par for the course. Regular physical activity and conditioning are a must to be prepared for this experience. Previous experience in the activity may be recommended.
A perfect trip for a first-timer. You will have an opportunity to get some basic experience with us, and learn about the activity in a beginner-friendly environment.
Beginners are welcome, but we recommend some previous experience to get the most out of the trip.
We strongly recommend previous experience. You should be comfortable with applicable skill set for the trip.
Demonstrated skill is required. We may require applicable certifications to participate in the trip. The technical nature of the trip makes it impossible for beginners to safely participate.