Dr. Sehyun Yun
Dr. Yun is an Assistant Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at Ball State University. She began her teaching career as a classroom lead teacher in a Korean-English dual language program for kindergarten and elementary children in Korea. She holds a Master of Education degree in TESOL from University at Buffalo. She completed her Doctorate of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Early Childhood Education with a secondary emphasis in Multilingual/Multicultural Education at George Mason University. Her research interests are mostly focused on the professional development of pre/in-service teachers as well as the bilingual and biliteracy development of children. Particularly, she is interested in how teacher education programs develop preservice teachers’ culturally responsive and sustainable literacy instruction for children from diverse cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Assistant Professor, Department of Elementary Education
Ph.D. Education with a Specialization in Early Childhood Education
George Mason University
M.Ed. Education with a Specialization: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages University at Buffalo
Research and Publications
- Kang, H., Lyu, S. R., & Yun, S. (2022). Going Beyond the (Un) awakened Body: Arts-Based Collaborative Autoethnographic Inquiry of Korean Doctoral Students in the United States. Journal of International Students, 12(S2), 88-105.
- La Croix, L., Yun, S., Taousakis, M., Steen, B. F., & Kidd, J. K. (2022). “I wished I could have higher scores” guided study groups to prepare prospective teacher candidates for high-stakes teacher licensure exams. The Teacher Educators’ JournalLa Croix, L., Yun, S., Schull, C. P., Miller, S. E., Austin, K. S., & Kidd, J. K. (2021). Understanding emergent literacy assessment, In C. P. Schull, L., La Croix, S. E., Miller, K. S., Austin, & J. K. Kidd, Early childhood literacy:
- La Croix, L., Yun, S., Schull, C. P., Miller, S. E., Austin, K. S., & Kidd, J. K. (2021). Understanding emergent literacy assessment, In C. P. Schull, L., La Croix, S. E., Miller, K. S., Austin, & J. K. Kidd, Early childhood literacy: Engaging and empowering emergent readers and writers, birth – age 5. The Virtual Library of Virginia. https://viva.pressbooks.pub/earlychildhoodliteracy/
- Yun, S., & Shin, H. Y. (2021). Social justice-oriented
- La Croix, L., & Yun, S. (2020-2021). Read, write, play: Prekindergarten children explore the Virginia reader’s choice. Reading in Virginia. 43, 33-43.
|Early Emergent Liter
||0930 - 1045
|| T R
||WQ, room 211