- loftable furniture
- air conditioned
- semi-private bathrooms
For a detailed walk-through of Botsford/Swinford Hall, watch this video.
Located in the new north residential neighbor, Botsford/Swinford provides students with easy access to academic buildings, and the Jo Ann Gora Student Recreation and Wellness Facility. Renovated in 2015, Botsford/Swinford is the home of the Communications and Emerging Media Living-Learning Community.
Rates for each hall vary depending on the type of meal plan you select and the room type selected. See all of our rates and plans.
Botsford/Swinford Rooms and Rates - 2019-20
21 Meal Plan
18 Meal Plan
14 Meal Plan
10 Meal Plan
Single use of a Double Room*
- game room
- music room
- computer lab
- fitness room
- test kitchen
- media labs
- equipment room
- trash can
- wireless Internet
- wired Internet
- PCs (in Computer Lab)
- Macs (in Computer Lab)
- printer (in Computer Lab)
This residence hall does not feature an eat-in food service, but the following Dining facilities are nearby.
On top of the many amenities we provide, we strive to serve all students, including students who are transgender, those with disabilities, and students of any age. Learn more
Communications and Emerging Media Community
The College of Communication, Information, and Media Living-Learning Community is for students pursuing majors in the College of Communication, Information, and Media. Students living in this community can expect an environment that focuses on exploring the different majors and careers associated with communication, information, and media.
- Participate in community events to learn about the different majors associated with the College of Communication, Information, and Media, as well as student leadership opportunities
- Become involved in radio, television, and print media contests
- Relationships with faculty, upper-level students (including the academic peer mentor), advisors, alumni, and professionals in the communications world
Majors housed within the Communications LLC include (but are not limited to):
- telecommunications (Pre-TCOM)
- public relations
- film directors producers
- meet-and-greet events with campus-wide speakers program
- production of a live cooking show in the test kitchen
- 48 hour Film Festival
- College of Communication, Information, and Media
- Career Center
- Academic Advising
- Digital Corps
Our Living-Learning Communities are part of a university-wide set of programs that provide a supportive environment for freshmen, which has been recognized by “U.S. News & World Report” since 2004. Learn more.
Live at Ball State
Do you know where you want to live next year? Then it’s time to sign up! Or maybe you’re considering attending Ball State and would like to see this place for yourself. You can schedule a campus tour through our Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Sign Up for Housing
Visit Campus Contact Us