Chase Charlie Challenge - 2 Challenges 1 Stronger You
This is a 5-week activity challenge focusing on physical, social and community wellbeing.
Challenge Date: Monday, September 14 - Friday, October 16
Registration Deadline: Monday, September 14
Frequently Asked Questions
- Marathon in a Month:Walk less than a mile a day (0.8 miles) each day of the challenge and you will complete a marathon in a month.If you walk only on weekdays, that’s still only 1.05 miles a day to reach a marathon distance.Want to go for more? Go right ahead.Just remember.It’s a marathon, not a sprint! Consistency is the key.
- Work Your Way to a 5K: Use this challenge to help you train for a 5K event.Follow the training guide provided or use your own.
* Participants in the Chase Charlie Challenges are encouraged to participate in the Ball State 2020 Chase Charlie Virtual 5K event at the end of this challenge. Those who participate will also be eligible to receive a registration discount for the Chase Charlie Race Virtual 5K held the week of October 11, 2020.
- Participants can register as an individual or as a group for either option. A group can provide accountability to each other and another level of fun. You are not expected to exercise with your teammates.
- If participating as a group, create a fun group name. Note: Every member must register themselves.
- Each person will receive a tracking sheet to keep track of their activity.
- This is a non-competitive challenge. You are only competing against yourself to finish a marathon in a month or to finish your 5K training plan.
- Receive weekly emails to encourage and motivate you.
- At the end of the challenge, turn in your tracking sheet to email@example.com.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by participating in the 2020 Chase Charlie Virtual 5K walk/run event.