The Basketball Band is a group of musicians who perform at Worthen Arena for the Ball State men's and women's basketball games. This popular and enthusiastic ensemble has made numerous appearances throughout the country for MAC, NCAA, and NIT post-season basketball tournaments.
- Course Number: MUSC 349 (.5 Credit)
- Rehearsal Meeting Time: Thursday 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Rehearsal Location: Music Instruction Building 152
- Rehearsals for this ensemble take place for the first several weeks of the semester until the conclusion of the basketball season. Members are assigned to one of two performing bands and are required to attend their assigned games. Substitutes may be found in case of conflict. Members are required to attend their total amount of assigned games.
First Rehearsal for Spring 2024:
- Monday, December 11, 2023
- 3:10-5:00pm in MI 152
- Dr. Jeremy Harmon, Director of Athletic Bands
- Cassidy Nalepa, Graduate Assistant
Auditions are held for Drum Set & Bass Guitar only:
Graduate Program in Wind Conducting
The graduate program in wind band conducting is a small and selective program that prepares students to effectively function in academic and professional settings. Ball State offers a master of music with a major in conducting and the doctor of arts in music with a primary emphasis in conducting. Graduate assistantships and yearly stipends are available for students in these programs.