The Ball State Honor Band Festival allows students to perform in a musical ensemble with peers from around the region, become more excited about music and music making, and work with a distinguished conductor. Join us!
Date: December 4, 2021
How to Join
- Directors: please fill out a form to nominate your students (one form required for each student)
- Students: after your director nominates you, we will send your guardian a form for you to fill out together
- October 15, 2021: Director Nomination Forms and Student Info Forms Due (see "How to Join" above)
- November 5, 2021: Students notified of acceptance to Ball State Honor Band Festival
- November 19, 2021: Students pay fee of $60 to confirm participation in Ball State Honor Band Festival (see "Event Information" below) and submit short part placement recording (details provided in acceptance email).
Each accepted student will pay a registration fee of $60. Meals are on your own; we will provide maps to dining options within walking distance of the music building.
A detailed schedule will be emailed to you upon the receipt of your registration fee of $60. Tentative schedule:
- Saturday morning - sectionals and rehearsal
- Saturday afternoon - rehearsal
- Saturday evening - perform in the High School Honor Band Concert with the Ball State Wind Ensemble
If you have any questions regarding the honor band, please contact the Ensembles Office at 765-285-9178.
Dr. Robert Carnochan - Director of Wind Ensemble Activities - University of Miami Frost School of Music