The Ball State Honor Band Festival allows students to perform in a musical ensemble with peers from around the region, become more excited about music and music making, and work with a distinguished conductor. Join us!
December 4-5, 2020
How to Join
- Directors: please fill out this form to nominate your students (one form required for each student)
- Students: after your director nominates you, they will send you a link for a form to fill out
- October 16, 2020: Director Nomination Forms and Student Info Forms Due (see "How to Join" above)
- October 30, 2020: Students notified of acceptance to Ball State Honor Band Festival
- November 13, 2020: Students pay fee to confirm participation in Ball State Honor Band Festival (see "Event Information" below)
Each accepted student will pay a $65 registration fee.
A detailed schedule will be emailed to you upon the receipt of your registration fee. Tentative schedule:
- Friday morning - chair placement audition
- Friday afternoon - rehearsal
- Friday evening - attend Ball State Wind Ensemble and Symphony Band concert
- Saturday morning - sectionals and rehearsal
- Saturday afternoon - rehearsal
- Saturday evening - perform in the High School Honor Band Concert
Students have the choice of commuting or staying in an assigned local hotel for $35. Students who choose to stay in the hotel will room with other Honor Band participants. Ball State graduate music students will serve as chaperones. Breakfast on Saturday will be provided at the hotel for students staying there. Students cover all other meals.
If you have any questions regarding the honor band, please contact the Ensembles Office at 765-285-9178.
To Be Announced