Dates: February 7-9, 2020
Registration available soon
Repertoire selections available soon
- Conduct the Ball State University Wind Ensemble and Symphony Band in beautiful Sursa Hall.
- Work and collaborate with outstanding conductors and educators.
- Attend an open rehearsal with renowned conductors and composers.
- Participate in discussions dealing with repertoire, score study, rehearsal techniques, conducting technique, gesture and movement, and personal growth.
- Attend a performance by the Ball State Wind Ensemble and Symphony Band.
Conductor: $250 (includes Saturday lunch and ticket to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Performance on Sunday afternoon)
- Participants will conduct the Ball State Wind Ensemble and Symphony Band (approximately 15-20 minutes with each band).
- Receive on-the-spot feedback from the clinicians.
- There is a limit of 10 conductors. Conductors will be selected in the order that their enrollment fee is received.
Observer: $50; $35 for college students (ticket to Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra will need to be purchased separately)
- Observe the conducting sessions.
- Participate in the afternoon lecture and discussion session.
- There is no limit to the number of people in the observer track.
College Students: Register as an Observer at the discounted rate of $35.
1. In the registration link above, choose one individual movement from the following works, or one entire work if the piece is a single movement, to conduct and rehearse with the Wind Ensemble.
2. In the registration link above, choose one individual movement from the following works, or one entire work if the piece is a single movement, to conduct and rehearse with the Symphony Band.
Richard Floyd, UIL State Director of Music Emeritus - University of Texas
- 6-6:30 p.m. – Registration (MIB Room 136)
- 6:30-6:45 p.m. – Welcome (MIB 136)
- 7-10:15 p.m. – Open Rehearsal with Ball State Symphony Band and Wind Ensemble with Guest Clinician
- 8-8:45 a.m. – Registration (MIB Room 136)
- 8:45-9 a.m. – Welcome (Band room, MIB Room 152)
- 9-11:30 a.m. – Conducting Session with Wind Ensemble (Sursa Hall)
- 11:30-noon – Wind Ensemble open rehearsal
- noon-1 p.m. – Lunch (included with workshop fee)
- 1-4:30 p.m. – Lecture/Discussion Sessions (Band room, MIB Room 152)
- 7:30 p.m. – Concert by Ball State Wind Ensemble and Symphony Band
- morning conducting Symphony Band
- early afternoon lecture/discussion session
- afternoon Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra performance
- Ball State University Pittenger Hotel — 765-285-1555
- Best Western — 765-282-0600
- Comfort Inn & Suites — 765-587-0294
- Days Inn — 765-288-2311
- Hampton Inn & Suites — 765-288-8500
- Holiday Inn Express — 765-289-4678
- Lees Inn — 765-282-7557
- Signature Inn — 765-284-4200
- Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center — 765-760-4077
For additional information, contact Thomas Caneva at 765-285-5435 or by email.