The minor in voice requires 24 credits in applied study (private lessons), music theory, music history, piano, and ensembles.
- MUSP 203 Minor Study (4 credits)
- MUST 101 Sight Ear (1 credit)
- MUST 102 Sight Ear (1 credit)
- MUST 111 Music Theory (2 credits)
- MUST 112 Music Theory (2 credits)
- MUHI 200 Music Literature (2 credits)
- MUSC 499 Recital Hour (1 credit)
2 Credits From
- MUSP 325 Secondary Piano (1 credit)
- MUSP 326 Group Piano (1 credit)
- MUSP 327 Secondary Organ/Harpsichord (1 credit)
2-4 Credits From
- MUSC 350 Large Vocal Ensemble (1 credit)
- MUSC 351 Large Vocal Ensemble (0.5 credits)
5-7 Credits of Electives in Music
MUSC, MUSP, MUHI, MUSE, MUST, or MMP (5-7 credits)
All students pursuing a music minor need to attend weekly recitals and 20 music concert events throughout the program.
Minor students are also expected to perform and participate in School of Music ensembles.
Are You Ready to Enroll?
Admission to all minor programs is based on an audition in applied music and a music theory exam. For some minors, an evaluation of piano skills is also needed. Auditions are scheduled on an individual basis and typically occur at the end of each semester. To begin the enrollment process and schedule an audition, please contact Lori Smith in the Office of Undergraduate Programs in Music.