The minor in music literature requires 24 credit hours in applied study (private lessons), music theory, music history, piano, and ensembles.
- MUST 101 Sight Ear (1 credit)
- MUST 102 Sight Ear (1 credit)
- MUST 111 Music Theory (2 credits)
- MUST 112 Music Theory (2 credits)
- MUHI 200 Music Literature (2 credits)
- MUHI 331 Music History (3 credits)
- MUSP 203 Minor Study (3 credits)
- MUSC 499 Recital Hour (1 credit)
3-4 Credits From
- MUHI 105 Music and Popular Culture in America (3 credits)
- MUHI 330 Music History (3 credits)
- MUHI 496 History of Organ Literature and Design (2 credits)
- MUHI 498 Church Choral Music Hymnody (3 credits)
2 Credits From
- MUSP Small Ensembles
- MUSC Large Ensembles
3-4 Credits of Electives in Music
- MUSC, MUSP, MUHI, MUSE, MUST, MMP
All students pursuing a music minor need to attend weekly recitals and 20 music concert events throughout the program.
Minor students are also expected to perform and participate in School of Music ensembles.
Are You Ready to Enroll?
Admission to all minor programs is based on an audition in applied music and a music theory exam. For some minors, an evaluation of piano skills is also needed. Auditions are scheduled on an individual basis and typically occur at the end of each semester. To begin the enrollment process and schedule an audition, please contact Lori Smith in the Office of Undergraduate Programs in Music.