The minor in sacred music requires 26 credit hours in applied study (private lessons), music theory, music history, ensembles, and a specialty in organ or voice.
- MUST 101 Sight Ear (1 credit)
- MUST 102 Sight Ear (1 credit)
- MUST 111 Music Theory (2 credits)
- MUST 112 Music Theory (2 credits)
- MUHI 200 Music Literature (2 credits)
- MUHI 330 Music History (3 credits)
- MUHI 331 Music History (3 credits)
- MUSC 499 Recital Hour (1 credit)
For the full list of required courses, visit the course catalog.
View Catalog Music Undergraduate Handbook (PDF)
All students pursuing a music minor need to attend weekly recitals and 20 music concert events throughout the program.
Minor students are also expected to perform and participate in School of Music ensembles.
Are You Ready to Enroll?
Admission to all minor programs is based on an audition in applied music and a music theory exam. For some minors, an evaluation of piano skills is also needed. Auditions are scheduled on an individual basis and typically occur at the end of each semester. To begin the enrollment process and schedule an audition, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Programs in Music by email or by calling 765-285-5503.