Dr. Diana Saiki
<b>Department: </b>Applied Business Studies<br><b>Research Area: </b> Social and historical aspects of dress and appearance. <br>Areas of interest: fashion theory, fashion history, and appearance management. <br>
Department: Applied Business Studies
Research Focus: My research is on social and historical aspects of dress and appearance. Areas of interest include: fashion theory, fashion history, and appearance management. I focus on dress and dressing behavior of diverse groups including varied genders, individuals of varying age, gender, and disability.
Potential Student Project(s): This project will focus on evaluating the perceptions of university students with physical disability on their observations of biasness and barriers in seeking employment due to their appearance.
Attributes/skills/background sought in undergraduate:
- Ability to search and compile simple data from various databases.
- Ability to assist in collecting and analyzing data from diverse populations.
Mentoring Plan: I am expecting the following from the student which includes:
- Gathering and reviewing background information using library resources.
- Assisting in conducting interviews with college students with disabilities.
- Assisting in analyzing interview results.
Contact: 765-285-2293, 206 AT Building