The Indiana State Teachers’ Retirement Fund (TRF) Hybrid Plan is a retirement plan option available to faculty and professional staff employees who qualify for benefits. This plan consists of both a pension plan and a defined contribution (DC) account.
In addition to the state mandated contribution percentage to the employee’s pension plan, the University also contributes the required 3 percent to the employee's defined contribution (DC) account.
Voluntary Employee Contributions
Employees may choose to make post-tax contributions to their TRF Hybrid Plan DC account. Post-tax contributions may be made from 1 percent to 10 percent of the employee's gross pay. This election may be changed at any time.
Ball State also offers two voluntary retirement plans to which employees may make retirement savings contributions.
Voluntary employee contribution deductions are made from each paycheck. These contributions are sent immediately following each paycheck and invested in the employee's TRF Hybrid Plan DC account.
TRF Workshops, Webinars, and One on One Information Sessions
- Register for a retirement benefit workshop to receive: help to budget for retirement, a review of benefit estimates, an explanation of retirement options, step-by-step instructions for completing the online retirement application, information about working after retirement, answers to TRF retirement questions
- Register for a retirement benefit webinar to receive: help to budget for retirement, and explanation of retirement options, information about working after retirement, and answers to your retirement questions
- Register for a one on one session and to receive: a personalized TRF benefit estimate, explanation of TRF retirement options, step-by-step instructions for completing a TRF retirement application, information about working after retirement, and answers to TRF retirement questions
Access Personal TRF Hybrid Plan Pension Benefits and DC Account
- To set up online login access call PERF at (844) GO-INPRS. For first time access they will mail or email a pin number.
Run a Personal Estimate of Pension Benefits
- Click on the “Application and Calculators” icon
- Click on “Calculators” and it will bring up a TRF calculator
- Click on the TRF calculator to go to the estimate page (note: the calculator will show current years of service which may be adjusted for a future retirement date)
- Pension - A minimum of 10 years of service credit is required to be eligible for TRF pension benefits.
- Defined Contribution (DC) account - Employees are immediately vested at 100 percent.
Retirement with Full (Unreduced) Retirement Benefits
Please visit the TRF website for details.
To learn about TRF benefits, including eligibility for pension benefit payments, please visit the TRF website.