The Public Employees’ Retirement Fund (PERF) Hybrid Plan is the retirement plan option available to staff and service employees who qualify for benefits. This plan consists of both a pension plan and a defined contribution (DC) account.
In addition to the state mandated contribution percentage to the employee’s pension plan, the University also contributes the required 3 percent to the employee's defined contribution (DC) account.
Voluntary Employee Contributions
Employees may choose to make post-tax contributions to their PERF Hybrid Plan DC account. Post-tax contributions may be made from 1 percent to 10 percent of the employee's gross pay. This election may be changed at any time.
Ball State also offers two voluntary retirement plans to which employees may make retirement savings contributions.
Voluntary employee contribution deductions are made from each paycheck. These contributions are sent immediately following each paycheck and invested in the employee's PERF Hybrid Plan DC account.
PERF Workshops, Webinars, and One on One Information Sessions
- Register for a retirement benefit workshop to receive: help to budget for retirement, a review of benefit estimates, an explanation of retirement options, step-by-step instructions for completing the online retirement application, information about working after retirement, answers to PERF retirement questions
- Register for a retirement benefit webinar to receive: help to budget for retirement, and explanation of retirement options, information about working after retirement, and answers to your retirement questions
- Register for a one on one session and to receive: a personalized PERF benefit estimate, explanation of PERF retirement options, step-by-step instructions for completing a PERF retirement application, information about working after retirement, and answers to PERF retirement questions
Access Personal PERF Hybrid Plan Pension Benefits and DC Account
- To set up online login access call PERF at (844) GO-INPRS. For first time access they will mail or email a pin number.
Run a Personal Estimate of Pension Benefits
- Click on the “Application and Calculators” icon
- Click on “Calculators” and it will bring up a PERF calculator
- Click on the PERF calculator to go to the estimate page (note: the calculator will show current years of service which may be adjusted for a future retirement date)
- Pension - A minimum of 10 years of service credit is required to be eligible for PERF pension benefits.
- Defined Contribution (DC) account - Employees are immediately vested at 100 percent.
Retirement with Full (Unreduced) Retirement Benefits
Please visit the PERF website for details.
To learn about PERF benefits, including eligibility for pension benefit payments, please visit the PERF website.