Through extensive research, collaboration with our University partners, and the talent and hard work of our team, we support Destination 2040: Our Flight Path, assist with student recruitment and retention, and creatively promote Ball State’s strengths and distinctive attributes.
Our storytelling generates a greater awareness of Ball State within the campus community and the general public. This awareness sets us apart from other institutions. It helps our University and our colleges meet their enrollment goals, promote their programs, and raise private support.
What We Do
Our team partners with you to help you identify a distinctive voice that meets your specific needs within the University’s overarching marketing strategy. We elevate your story with the accuracy, consistency, and professionalism it deserves.
Our experienced team develops integrated, strategic marketing and communications plans to help you attract and retain students, increase your fundraising and engagement, and generate awareness about your programs.
We have a proven method of discovery and intake to build a successful campaign for you, including services such as:
- marketing/brand consultation and training
- market research
- message development
- tailored tactics for target audiences
- budget projections/management
- measurable successes/outcomes
Want to meet a distinct audience where they are? Want to boost your name in the marketplace? We develop program-specific advertising campaigns to help you meet your goals while staying within your budget, and we advise you on how to best use multiple channels to tell your story.
- develop or fine-tune your messages
- design your ads
- consult with you on advertising options or platforms such as print, digital, and broadcast
- recommend sponsorships
- track and evaluate advertising performance
Our media relations professionals empower subject matter experts and University leaders to share the Ball State story. We are experts in optimal timing, messaging, and media outlets.
Our services include:
- media relations
- proactively pitching stories to news media
- crisis communications
- reputation management
- media market monitoring and analysis
- media training/spokesperson training
- coaching subject matter experts for media interviews
- event planning for special announcements
- thought leadership
Our team produces an online magazine and twice-a-year print magazine—the home for engaging stories and beautiful photography and video about our students, alumni, and faculty. We welcome story ideas from our campus partners.
We maintain the University’s official website, bsu.edu, in partnership with the campus community. Our team works with unit leaders and content authors to provide the best website experience for our audiences.
Our services include:
- digital marketing consultation and planning
- digital marketing training
- content strategy
- content management
- information architecture
- website design
- Google Analytics consultation
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- web form strategy and implementation
Our team works with colleges, departments, and administrative units to provide email marketing solutions for internal and external audiences. We also assist faculty and staff with the self-service Communications Center.
- design and develop email communications
- consult on email marketing strategy
- track and evaluate effectiveness
Our award-winning photographers and videographers visually capture the Ball State experience. Their high-quality imagery tells compelling stories, captures emotions, and delivers results.
We help you by:
- providing branded and historic imagery
- shooting photos and video of strategic University events
- offering portrait days for University profile photos
Complement your marketing efforts with print materials customized for your area and set your program or event apart from your competition.
Our team can write and design any of the following pieces and integrate them to work seamlessly with other communication platforms:
- invitations and postcards
- booklets and brochures
- posters and flyers
Our team engages the community via the official Ball State social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube). We partner with groups across campus to enhance the social conversations and extend the reach of the Ball State story.
We can help you with:
- strategy development
- best practices
- campaign design and execution
Do you have a Ball State communication project that doesn’t easily fit into a particular category but needs review by a professional editor?
Our experienced editors can help you with:
- writing for a specific audience or channel
Work with Us
Do you have a marketing or communications project in mind? Contact us to get started.