Each spring, guest artists are welcomed to campus to conduct master classes, respond to student-written plays, and lead discussions on concert readings of new works, which feature Ball State students, faculty, and guest artists as part of Playwriting Week.
The event offers opportunities to:
- learn more about writing and producing new works
- workshop and perform new works
- analyze and critique new works
- learn the overall process of how new plays evolve over time
Past guests for Ball state's Playwriting Week have included:
- Daniela Garcia-Breck, literary manager at Circle of Confusion, a feature film and television production and management company
- Jessica Hutchinson, Chicago-based theatre director, dramaturg, producer, and educator.
- Brian Nitzkin, a freelance theatre producer and Vice President for Business Affairs and International Operations for IM Global Film in Los Angeles
- Jennifer Blackmer, playwright of BORROWED BABIES, and Tom Horan, playwright of THE GIANTMAKER, for a master class titled, “Writing for Stage and Screen.”