It's no secret that there’s a need for specialized instruction in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) both in the United States and abroad.
Our TESOL Certificate Offers Many Advantages
- One of only a few TESOL graduate certificates in the nation
- Can be completed fully online
- Can be finished in one year
- Program can be taken full time or part time, whichever fits your needs best
- Professional development for in-service teachers
- If you want more than undergraduate instruction, but are not required to have a master’s degree, our TESOL certificate may provide the exact preparation you need.
For teachers who want to add on the English as a New Language license in the state of Indiana you need to:
If you’re licensed to teach outside the state of Indiana, you can take the same courses and earn a graduate certificate.
You will be prepared to effectively teach the English language to K12 students and have the flexibility to use your training to teach domestically as well as abroad. Check with the department of education in your state to see if our program qualifies as an add-on license.
This 5-course program can be completed in one or two years depending on student availability and enrollment.
- ENG 616 Introduction to Theories of Language Learning
- ENG 617 Methods in Teaching English Language Learners
- ENG 619 Assessment in TESOL
- ENG 620 English Linguistics for Educators
- ENG 633 Professionalism and Social Justice in TESOL
Summer: ENG 620
Fall: ENG 616 and ENG 617
Spring: ENG 619 and ENG 633
Summer: ENG 620
Fall: ENG 616
Spring: ENG 619
Fall: ENG 617
Spring: ENG 633
Questions? Email Megumi Hamada, professor of English, for any questions about the application or the course work schedule.
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all application on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient, comprehensive, and secure online application.
Want to Learn More?
Do you have questions about this program or online learning? We're here to help! You may request more information using our online form, or feel free to reach out directly to one of our staff.
Request Info Contact Us