Sometimes life doesn’t allow for you to sit in a classroom. Now you can bring the classroom to you.
There’s a misconception that as an online student you won’t receive the same education as you would on campus. That’s not the case at Ball State. Although you have the flexibility to complete your courses when your schedule allows (while meeting your weekly assignment deadlines), you’ll still experience:
- The same rigorous academic courses as on-campus students
- The same top-notch faculty who teach on campus
- The same Ball State degree and recognition as on-campus students
Tools and Technology
As an online student, you’ll communicate with classmates and professors in a number of ways including email, discussion boards, blogs, etc. So, before your first day, you’ll want to make sure you have a high-speed internet connection and convenient access to a computer (PC or Mac).
Some courses or assignments may require other types of equipment, such as a webcam or microphone.
Ball State also provides its online students with the same resources for success as main campus students. You'll receive resources such as an online student orientation, technology HelpDesk and Technology Store, and student and academic support services.
See Our Student Resources
Course Delivery Methods
When choosing which method of course delivery works best for you, you should consider your schedule, your location, and your study habits. In addition to courses on our main campus in Muncie, Indiana, we offer a number of other delivery options.
- Online – Take courses at times and places most convenient for you. Because there is no specific login time each week, you can access course content at any time around your job and family obligations.
- Off Campus – At the Fishers Center for Academic Innovation, you can take courses for some of our graduate education programs and take advantage of professional development opportunities.
- Blended – These programs offer you a mix of online courses and face-to-face courses at our main campus or Fishers Center.
If you have any questions about how online learning works request more information!
Ready to Earn Your Degree?