What you know is certainly important, but it’s true that who you know opens up doors and raises your profile within the industry. Miller College’s longstanding bonds with top firms and influential business leaders support a robust blend of opportunities for you to interact with and learn from the best.
Check out a few of our professional development opportunities that outfit you with a competitive edge.
Connect with successful alumni and friend during this annual professional development and networking session held each spring at Ball State. The Miller College of Business Alumni Society organizes the weekend, which invites industry leaders to share best practices and lessons learned from a range of in-demand, relevant fields.
Senior corporate executives, business professionals, and successful entrepreneurs assume the role of Executive in Residence. These leaders—from a variety of industries, large and small, private and public—routinely visit campus throughout the year to speak to classes between meetings with students, faculty, and local business groups. The series provides an unrivaled opportunity for all to learn from and interact with highly accomplished business leaders, up front and in person.
- Renae Conley - CEO, ER Solutions, LLC
- Jack O'Connor - Chief Executive Officer, Weidner Property Management
- Barb Baekgaard - Co-Founder, Vera Bradley, Inc.
- Mo Bunnell - Founder, Bunnell Idea Group
- Jeff Childs - Chief Human Resource Officer, Ulta Beauty
- Timothy Roberts - Executive Vice President, Phillips 66
- Craig Dobbs - Managing Director, Graystone Consulting
- Leo Denault - CEO, Entergy Corporation
- Scott McCorkle - President of Product Technology, and Strategy, ExactTarget
- Doug Wilson - Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Hillenbrand Inc.
- Larry Riley - Senior Vice President and Wealth Advisor, Northern Trust
Liz Hodges - Vice President of Brand Management, Chicos
- Jeff Fetters - Chairman, President, and CEO, Federated Insurance Companies
- Jeffrey Rodewald - Vice President of Compensation, Benefits, and Corporate Service, USG Corporation
- Robert Shipley - President and CEO, The Hartz Mountain Corporation
- David Barrett - President and CEO, Gene B. Glick Company
- Bernie Boldt - Manager, Round Rock Management, LLC
- Eric Foss - CEO, Pepsi Beverages Company
- Christopher MacAllister - President, MacAllister Machinery Company
- Josie and Jeoff Fox - Co-founders, Fox Head Inc.
- Bob Hunt - Chairman and CEO, Hunt Construction Group
- Dennis Oklak - CEO, Duke Reality Corporation
- Carl Chapman - CEO, Vectren Inc.
- Umit Taftali - Investment Banking Executive, Koc Holding A.S.
- David Bego - Owner and CEO, Executive Management Services Inc.
- James Lintzenich - Private Investor, Family Investment Co.
Distinguished Speaker Series
Throughout the year, you’ll learn from renowned business leaders eager to share best practices and insights from their journey. These events are a great way to learn more about a variety of professions and connect with peers, faculty, and alumni.
All speaker series events are open to the public. Seating is first-come, first-served.
- David Bego - President, Owner and CEO, Executive Management Services, Inc.
- Kurt Humphry - Vice President of Finance, Indianapolis Colts
- Steven Burrill - CEO, Burrill and Company
- Robert Hunt - Chairman, President and CEO, Hunt Corporation
- Peter Campanella - Former CEO, World Kitchen
- Darcy Keith - Leadership Consultant
- Steve Cashdollar - Financial Advisor, AXA Advisors
- Jane Keller - CEO and Chief Nursing Officer, Indiana Orthopedic Hospital
- Carl Chapman - CEO, Vectren, Inc.
- Terry R. McCormack - CEO, President, and Director, Affinia Group Gay Nation - Director of Sales, Paws, Inc.
- Cynthia Cooper - WorldCom Whistleblower
- Dennis Oklak - CEO, Duke Realty Corporation
- Donald D. Dumoulin - Senior VP North America, Roche Diagnostics
- Edward James Olmos - Actor, Producer, Director, and Hollywood Activist
- Wayne Dunham - Research Economist, Department of Justice Antitrust Division
- Michael Rechin - President and CEO, First Merchants Corporation
- Niel Ellerbrook - Chairman, President, and CEO, Vectren Corporation
- Rocco Smeriglio - Partner, Yahoo! and Past President, Chicago Advertising Association
- Joe Fazio - CEO, Commerce State Bank
- Tony Smith - Partner and Director of Capital Markets Center, Ernst & Young Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- Eric Foss - CEO, Pepsi Beverages Company
- Jim Stanley - President, Duke Energy Indiana
- Michael Gellar - AOL Media Networks
- Judy Sweet - VP of Championships and Education, NCAA
- Carl George - CEO, Clifton Gunderson
- Umit Taftali - Founded and manages the Suna Kirac (Koc) Family Office, Istanbul, Turkey
- Darrell "Flash" Gordon - CEO, Wernle Children's Home
- Norma Thompkinson - Project Director, Mariott International
- Michael Harry - President and Chairman, Six Sigma Management Institute
- Steven F. Walker - Chairman, President, and CEO, Walker Information
- Tim Wheeler - President, International Division, Jockey International, Inc.
Interested in participating in future Dialogue Days? Contact Tammy Estep, director of external relations for Miller College, at 765-285-8311.