Complement your major with a Sport Administration minor. If you are pursuing a major in a business-related field, education, exercise science, journalism, telecommunications, etc., the sport administration minor will PREPARE you for PRACTICAL, REAL-WORLD knowledge and experiences to enhance your MARKETABILITY in the sport industry. Whether you want to work in professional, collegiate, interscholastic, recreation, community, or youth sport, our program will provide you an overview of sport-specific understanding within the sport entertainment business.
Our coursework offers GUARANTEED hands-on, industry-specific projects and opportunities prior to graduation.
This minor complements majors in:
What You Will Gain
The program emphasizes:
- Administration concepts and understanding
- Entertainment/sport business concepts
- Hands-on experience with industry-specific projects
- Transferable skills
Student Learning Outcomes
- Establish familiarity with the Sport Administration field through hands-on experiences in high school, collegiate and professional sport.
- Develop industry-specific project-based outcomes in Sport Administration
- Develop professional written and oral communication skills through applied experiences.
Admission requirements include:
If you want to learn more about this minor, contact Eric Klosterman.
- Attain minimum overall GPA of 2.0 at time of application
- Completion of SPTA 190 with a C- or better
- Completion of the School of Kinesiology Minor in Sport Administration Application
Total Credits: 15
Classes you will take or select from include:
- Introduction to Sport Administration
- Sport History
- Revenue Generation in Sport
- Sport Law
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Finance
- Sport Communication
- Sport Event & Facility Management
- Sport Governance
- International Sport
Connect with Us