A minor in Kinesiology provides students with an opportunity to explore the broad field of physical activity and its impact on health, society, and quality of life. Students can create a program of study which can complement their major and diversify their career path.
Students can select from a variety of courses within the various fields of Kinesiology, which include aquatics, exercise science, physical education and health, and sport administration. The courses will provide students with hands-on learning experiences and include the most current evidence-based knowledge and skills. Instructors have or are currently working in the industry.
This minor works well with majors in:
What You Will Learn:
The program emphasizes:
- Fitness and performance training
- Hands-on labs
- Skill development
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop foundational knowledge of Kinesiology
- Develop an understanding of physical fitness over the life span.
- Develop foundational knowledge and skills regarding the Aquatics, Exercise Science, Physical Education and Health, and Sport Administration fields.
Admission requirements include:
- Maintain 2.0 GPA in minor courses
- Completion of EXSC 190 Introduction to Kinesiology
Total Credits: 15
A few of the classes you can take include:
- Resistance Training Leadership / Group Fitness Instructor
- Fitness Management
- Exercise Psychology
- Sport Marketing / Administration
- Aquatic Fitness Instructor
- Introduction to Adapted Physical Education / Activity
If you want to learn more about this minor, contact Mary Winfrey-Kovell.
Connect with Us