Peaceful & Self-Care Strategies
- Greet everyone with a smile, a wave, and/or a positive comment while maintaining appropriate physical distance.
- Tend to something growing – plants, flowers, vegetable garden, child, pets, etc.
- Do something you’ll be glad you did later.
- Share an uplifting song, poem, story, image, etc. with others.
- Listen and communicate (e.g., phone, mail, email, social media, skype, zoom) with your own family members near and far who are undergoing stress and have concerns about the future.
- In this time to rush to return to “normal,” use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to.
Click here for an extensive list.
Who are we?
- We study, teach, and advocate for nonviolent philosophies, the prevention of conflict, and peacebuilding strategies shown to be successful.
- We seek to be a resource to BSU and the Central Indiana community regarding the peaceful resolution, reduction, and prevention of conflict.
- We offer an undergraduate minor compatible with all undergraduate majors.
What is our mission?
Led by an interdisciplinary Advisory Board of 26 university and community members, the Center for Peace and Conflict Studies supports and pursues scholarship, education, training, consultation, and outreach focused on addressing direct, structural, and cultural forms of violence and conflict.
What are our goals?
- To prevent and resolve conflict;
- To facilitate inclusive excellence, health, well-being, social responsibility, and social justice;
- To offer mediation services to individuals, groups, and organizations;
- To train individuals in conflict prevention and resolution, mediation, peace-building, leadership, and sportspersonship skills;
- To engage in public and sports diplomacy, and cultural and educational exchange as part of local, regional, national, and international collaborative and interprofessional projects designed to promote mutual understanding, appreciation, cooperation, respect, inclusive excellence, social responsibility, health, well-being, and social justice.
We value courage, integrity, inclusiveness, social responsibility, gratitude, excellence, innovation, interprofessional collaboration, health, well-being, and social justice as integral to our work.
Where are we located?
310 McKinley Avenue
Muncie, IN 47306
White house across from South Shelter bus stop!
Our Fall 2018 hours are:
9 AM-4 PM Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
9 AM-5 PM Tuesdays and Thursdays
Do drop by!
Want to know more?
To stay up to date with news and information about the Peace Center, call (765) 285-1622, email us to join our discussion list, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and sign up for our newsletters! We welcome hearing from you!