Once you're admitted to the university and confirm your enrollment, it's time to prepare for your first semester as a Ball State student. Resources and programs linked on this page will help you settle into college life and get off to a great start.
Transition To-Do List
- JOIN us on Facebook to get information, ask questions, and show your Cardinal pride.
- APPLY for financial aid (FAFSA), if you haven't done so already, to be considered for grants, scholarships, loans, work-study, and veterans benefits.
- SEARCH for additional scholarship opportunities. Also check with your school and local library for options.
- REQUEST your housing and dining preferences, if you'll be living on campus. You can request a roommate and meal plan through the housing application.
- REGISTER for Orientation, where you'll get your Ball State ID Card, register for classes, and prepare for your new life as a Cardinal.
- SIGN UP for our summer bridge programs to get an early start at Ball State through special academic, leadership, service, and recreational activities.
- PACK UP for your move to campus, or plan to attend Commuting 101.
- ATTEND a variety of fun Welcome Week events before fall classes start. The Freshman Convocation is mandatory for all first-time students.
- SHOP online or on campus for your textbooks, supplies, and Ball State gear plus the computer equipment you'll need.