Financial aid refunds are sent by direct deposit into your bank
account. There are currently 2 ways to enroll in direct deposit. Remember to log in and click on “Make Changes” if your bank account information needs to be updated. For help, call the Office of Accounts Payable at 765-285-1327, or e-mail us.
Option 1 (Preferred):
1. Log into Self-Service Banner 9 from the my.bsu.edu homepage, select 'Direct Deposit,' and click 'Continue to Direct Deposit Listing.'
2. To add new direct deposit information, scroll down to the Accounts Payable Deposit section and click 'add new' and then 'create new.'
- If an active Accounts Payable direct deposit already exists, it must be deleted before adding the new/updated direct deposit information.
- Check the box next to the incorrect bank account information and then click 'delete.'
3. Carefully enter your bank account information. Incorrect account and routing numbers will delay deposits being issued. Once the new/updated banking information has been added, check the box at the bottom of the page, then click 'save new deposit.'
4. An email will be sent to your Ball State email account alerting you that a change has been made to your Accounts Payable direct deposit information, and when a financial aid refund or non-payroll payment is processed.
1. Visit our online direct deposit form here:
- If you are using Safari (Mac, iPhone), your browser may display an 'unauthorized' message. At that point, refresh the page, and the request for your University login credentials should then appear.
- If using another browser, and you are unable to sign in, please try clearing your browser history, closing and restarting the browser, and then trying again.
2. Sign in with your Ball State username and password. Do not enter
your full email address - only your user name.
3. Carefully enter your bank account information. Incorrect account
and routing numbers will delay deposits.
4. An email will be sent to your Ball State email account when a
financial aid refund or non-payroll payment is processed.
PLUS refunds payable to parents are not eligible for direct deposit at this time.
Complete and return our ACH Authorization Form
or provide your company's banking information on company letterhead.