If you just want to take classes for personal and professional development and not with the goal of a degree, you may apply for non-degree status.

Financial aid is not available to non-degree students.

Admissions Process

You must have earned a high school diploma or high school equivalency degree (GED or TASC) and not be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution. If you are enrolled at another college or university, follow the guest student admission process.

If you have completed post-secondary course work elsewhere, you must be in good standing (a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale) and be eligible to return to the last post-secondary institution attended.

If you have applied for and have been denied Ball State admissions, you must have 24 transferable credit hours and a 2.0 cumulative GPA or better from another institution to be admitted as a non-degree seeking student.

If you are 24 or older and have never taken any college courses, you must have a GPA of 2.5 or better on your high school transcript to be admitted as a non-degree seeking student.

You must submit official high school transcripts, a high school equivalency degree (GED or TASC), or college transcripts to:

Lucina Hall
Ball State Undergraduate Admissions
Muncie, IN 47306

You simply apply for non-degree status admissions through the Office of the Registrar.

Apply Now