Assistant Dean of Media and General Manager of BSU Public Media
About Phil Hoffman
Phil Hoffman is Assistant Dean of Media and General Manager of Ball State PBS and Indiana Public Radio. Ball State PBS has served more than 23 counties in East Central Indiana with educational and informative television for over 50 years. Indiana Public Radio is a network of four stations serving 22 counties in eastern and central Indiana. The home for both PBS and NPR content, both entities provide unique local news and informational content and educational experiences for students at Ball State and for our listeners and viewers.
Phil serves on the national innovation advisory board for Encore Creativity, and serves on the education committee of the Central Great Lakes National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. He is a multiple Emmy award winning TV producer and director. He’s produced documentaries that have aired on PBS stations across the nation.
WSLR AM/WKDD FM, Akron, OH. On-air, sales, news.
- WAKR AM/WONE FM, Akron, OH. News, on-air.
- WAKC TV, Akron OH. Reporter, producer, editor, weekend anchor.
- WZIP/ZTV, Akron, OH. University of Akron. General Manager ZTV, WZIP.
- KMOS PBS, Warrensburg, MO. Director of Broadcasting.
- WUCF PBS/WUCF FM, Orlando, FL. V.P. Broadcasting.
B.A., Mass Communication, University of Akron
- M.A., Communication, University of Akron
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, University of Akron
Honors and Awards
Emmy Award, Best Editor. Lower Great Lakes National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Emmy Award, Best Directing. Lower Great Lakes National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Emmy Award, Nostalgia Program, Suncoast National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Trustees Award, Lower Great Lakes National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
17 time Telly Award winner, for Documentary Directing, Producing and Editing.