Ball State provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the position. Contact Human Resources at 765-285-1834 for assistance.

Whether you're looking for a way to earn money for college classes, trying to gain valuable major-related experience, or just making sure you've always got enough cash for those late-night pizza runs, on-campus employment makes it easy to keep on track with your financial and professional goals.

Opportunities and Expectations

Get started with the resources below:

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Additional Resources

The Student Employment Handbook covers all the nuts and bolts of on-campus student employment. If you have any questions about on-campus student employment, download the handbook (PDF) or reach out to us at 765-285-1522 or

Download the Handbook

When you're ready to start working on campus, you'll need to complete and return one of the following packets:

On Campus Jobs

When looking for an on-campus job, your go-to resource is Cardinal Career Link.

Here's what you'll find:

  • all on-campus part-time jobs (possibly full-time during summer)
  • available off-campus Federal Work Study-Community Service part-time jobs
  • on-campus internship and fellowship programs
  • on-campus graduate assistantships
  • off-campus part-time, internships, and full-time employment
All student job vacancies are posted on Cardinal Career Link and are accessible to students with a Cardinal Career Link account. To access, you will need your valid Ball State username and password, and you will also need to agree to the Cardinal Career Link conditions for use.

To be academically eligible for on-campus employment, you must be enrolled for a minimum of six credits if you are an undergraduate or five credits if you are a graduate student.

If you are a graduate assistant, doctoral assistant, resident assistant, student athlete, or international student, contact the Career Center to find out what additional forms you may need.

Only students who have been awarded Federal Work-Study are eligible to apply for positions listed for work-study students (FWS). Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, to find out whether you are eligible for this type of financial aid.

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a need-based financial aid awarded by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at Ball State University.

FWS-funded students are not required to work on campus. However, because of budget considerations, some campus employers hire FWS-funded students to provide important functions within their departments.

If you have any questions about eligibility for the Federal or State Work-Study programs or about earnings limits, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Internships involve part- or full-time work experience for academic credit that is directly related to your field of study and career goals.

Learn more about our intern-ready services and our internship program.
As a Ball State international student, you may eligible for on- and off-campus employment. You can find more information through the Rinker Center for Global Affairs.

Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action

Ball State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.