The Women’s Center was designed to meet those health needs unique to the female student population at Ball State.
We offer routine health screening including Pap smears and contraception services. We also provide evaluation, treatment, education, and counseling for a variety of women's health problems, with ready access to referral sources if necessary.
Our staff encourage female students to learn everything possible to be responsible and healthy in their lives. They emphasize wellness promotion and disease prevention in a caring, confidential, and nonjudgmental environment.
Monday, Thursday, Friday 8AM-4:30PM
Summer hours: During the summer break, the Women's Center staff will be seeing patients on the first floor. Please call the main Health Center number to schedule an appointment.
Scheduling an Appointment
1. Please call the Women's Center at 765-285-8035.
2. If needed, leave a message with your name (please spell it), your date of birth and your phone number.
3. Please tell the office staff why you need to be seen.
4. Staff may ask some additional questions which will help us be sure to schedule you for the appropriate amount of time and with the appropriate staff.
5. Your appointment will be to address one health concern. This will help us stay on time for our other scheduled appointments. If you have additional concerns to discuss, you will be given another appointment.
6. Students who walk-in to the Women's Center without an appointment will be scheduled for the next available appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
1. A valid BSU ID and other official picture ID (such as a driver’s license).
2. A list of your medications, including dosage.
3. Information regarding any hospitalizations, surgeries or chronic medical conditions
4. Your medical health insurance card or a copy of the front and back of the card.
5. Your prescription drug card, if it is not included on your health insurance card.
6. A method of payment for any possible charges.
Billing insurance for lab testing
1. It is your responsibility to see if IUHealth lab is in-network with your insurance.
2. If IUHealth lab is not in-network, your cost may be substantially higher.
3. Only your insurance can tell you if the cost of lab testing will be covered.
4. Please call your insurance company via the number on the back of your card to check on your coverage before you choose to have labs billed to your insurance.
5. We can not change the billing option once testing is sent.
1. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment in order to complete paperwork and consents.
2. Come to the second floor room 211 to check in.
Late and No-Show Policy
1. Students who come to the Women's Center past the start time of their appointment may be rescheduled.
2. Students who do not call and cancel their appointment will be charged a $25 fee that will be billed to their bursar account. You must call at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time. This will allow us to offer the appointment slot to another student who needs to be evaluated.