Welcome to Ball State University!
Appointments are be necessary to see both medical providers and nursing staff at the Main Health Center Clinic.
(For the appointment process for the Women’s Center
and Physical Therapy
, click on their links.)
Scheduling an Appointment
1. Please call the Health Center at 765-285-8431.
2. Please tell the office staff why you need to be seen.
3. Staff may ask some additional questions which will help us be sure to schedule you for the appropriate amount of time and with the appropriate staff.
4. Your appointment will be to address one health concern. This will help us stay on time for our other scheduled appointments. If you have additional concerns to discuss, you will be given another appointment.
5. Appointments will be made for the same day or the next business day. Please call for an appointment as early as possible in the morning on the day you want to be seen.
6. Students who walk-in to the Health Center without an appointment will be scheduled for the next available appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
1. A valid BSU ID and other official picture ID (such as a driver’s license).
2. A list of your medications, including dosage.
3. Information regarding any hospitalizations, surgeries or chronic medical conditions
4. Your medical health insurance card or a copy of the front and back of the card.
5. Your prescription drug card, if it is not included on your health insurance card.
6. A method of payment for any possible charges.
Billing insurance for lab testing
1. It is your responsibility to see if IUHealth lab is in-network with your insurance.
2. If IUHealth lab is not in-network, your cost may be substantially higher.
3. Only your insurance can tell you if the cost of lab testing will be covered.
4. Please call your insurance company via the number on the back of your card to check on your coverage before you choose to have labs billed to your insurance.
5. We can not change the billing option once testing is sent.
1. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment in order to complete paperwork and consents.
2. Check in on the kiosk first.
3. Next, our office staff will call you to the front desk for registration into our electronic medical record.
Late and No-Show Policy
1. Students who come to the Health Center past the start time of their appointment may be rescheduled.
2. Students who do not call and cancel their appointment will be charged a $25 fee that will be billed to their Bursar account. You must call at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time. This will allow us to offer the appointment slot to another student who needs to be evaluated.
As a patient at the Health Center, you can be provided a note indicating that you were seen at the time/date of your office visit. We are not validating absences that occur prior to your visit at the Health Center. It is at the discretion of an individual professor to determine if your absence will be excused. If you need to miss for an extended period of time, then you should contact each individual professor and possibly register with disability services if applicable.