June 1—July 10
If you’ve confirmed your enrollment, we’ll send your Orientation invitation in April with instructions to register online for the two-day session of your choice.
Please note that a $150 student matriculation fee will be added to your first-semester bursar statement for Orientation.
- Register soon after your invitation arrives. Sessions fill up quickly.
- You’ll need your Ball State username and password to register.
- Register your family members, too. Don’t forget to reserve on-campus housing or local lodging.
- Each registered student receives a $20 meal card to use at our dining facilities during Orientation.
- Take placement exams before you attend to earn early college credit.
Need to change your date? Call us at 765-285-8290.
The day begins at 7:30 a.m. (Eastern) in Woodworth Complex where you’ll check in, meet your leaders, and receive your orientation handbook with the complete two-day schedule. We’ll take you to Pruis Hall to start your day with an assortment of juice, coffee, bagels, and baked goods.
7:30 a.m.: Registration at Woodworth Complex
8–11:20 a.m.: Student and family sessions
11:20 a.m.–1 p.m.: Lunch
1–4 p.m.: Student and family sessions
4–6:30 p.m.: Dinner and hall/hotel check-in
6:30–8 p.m.: Student session and family tour
8–9:30 p.m.: Entertainment
7:50 a.m.–12:15 p.m.: Students conduct campus business
8 a.m.–12:15 p.m.: Family member sessions
12:15–1:30 p.m.: Lunch and financial aid advising
1:30–3 p.m.: Student and family sessions
Please note: Non-Traditional students should follow the Transfer Orientation schedule shown below in the Transfer Orientation section.