Education, Music and Media offers a wide-ranging mix of collections and services, providing subject expertise in education and music, and combining a variety of media formats.
Visit us to check out DVDs, CDs, digital equipment, music scores and books, educational games, and cultural objects. The area also offers materials to support K-12 teaching in all subjects, music scores, and related reference materials.
Use OneSearch to find items in these collections. Expert research assistance is available via Ask A Librarian or by contacting the Education, Music and Media staff.
Education, Music and Media can be found on the west side of the Lower Level of Bracken Library.
- Check out course reserves for School of Music, Teacher’s College, and general media reserves.
- Consult research guides for a range of music and education-related subjects.
- Meet with subject specialist librarians for help with research and projects.
- Lisa Jarrell – Head of Education, Music and Media and education subject specialist
- Borrow laptops, cameras, chargers, headphones, MIDI keyboards, or a portable electronic piano.
- Take a technology, education, or music workshop.
- Schedule instruction sessions customized to address course goals and assignments.
- Study in spaces for both group and individual work.
- Reserve a meeting room.
- Watch a video in one of the viewing booths.
- Scan photos and documents on large format scanners.
- Use specialized software on Macs or PCs.
- Create or edit music with Finale 25 and other software.
- Listen to CDs on nearby CD players , Mac or PC computers.
- Listen to classic LPs on a turntable with a USB port.