If you are a principal, superintendent, coach, teacher, or other school administrator, you may have never taken a course in public relations.
An online, on-campus, or blended public relations graduate certificate in education communications will enhance your public relations skills, and our five-course certificate program can be completed in less than half the time of a traditional master’s degree.
If you enjoy these newfound skills, you may want to extend your studies a little further to earn a master's degree in public relations.
You may take courses in any order.
All of these courses are taught by faculty in Ball State's School of Journalism and Strategic Communication:
- New PR565 PR Campaigns (3 credits)
- PR662 Case studies of global, digital and ethical PR practice (3 credits)
- PR664 PR evaluation techniques (3 credits)
6 or More Credits
You may choose two courses from any of the following offered through Ball State's Teachers College:
- Introduction to Educational Leadership (3 credits)
- Educational Decision Making (3 credits)
- The Educational Administrator and Public Relations (3 credits)
- Issues in Higher Education (3 credits)
- School Law (3 credits)
- Educational Finance and Ethics (3 credits)
For course numbers and descriptions, please consult our Graduate Catalog.
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Are you interested in our program? Then it’s time to apply!