The nanoscience option will teach you basic concepts, underlying principles, theories, and applications of modern physics. Some topics include:
- special relativity
- quantum physics
- atomic structure and models
If you want to learn more about this minor, contact John Millis.
Classes you will take include:
- PHYC 120 General Physics 1
- PHYC 122 General Physics 2
- PHYC 260 Introduction to Modern Physics
- PHYC 466 Condensed Matter Physics
- MATH 165 Calculus 1
- MATH 166 Calculus 2
- APHY 310 Intro to Nanoscience and Technology
For a complete list of all the courses you will take and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.