Ball State is one of only a few major universities in the nation to offer an academic degree in residential property management, and the same professors who teach this nationally recognized program are now offering one of the only all-online apartment management certificates in the United States.
This specialized program will give you a distinctive credential in the fast-growing apartment industry where salaries are attractive—ranging from $30,000 for leasing consultants to more than $150,000 for corporate-level executives. Plus, benefits are generous and typically include free or discounted housing, bonuses, health and life insurance, retirement plans, and more.
Today, apartment communities are often large and are valued at an average of $20 million and have annual budgets of more than $2 million. Plus, they are often owned by large organizations where career advancement is possible. Our certificate will prepare you to provide exemplary customer service, understand the legal and financial issues related to property management, and succeed in the day-to-day operations of large or small communities.
- The jobs are out there! Significant growth is expected in the apartment industry over the next decade.
- Ball State’s reputation in this industry and in online education means that property management companies are coming to us looking for future employees.
- We offer competitively-priced tuition.
- Our program was developed with the support of the National Apartment Association Education Institute.
- Our online courses are taught by the same experienced faculty members who teach our on-campus classes.
- As a part of the certificate, you will have the opportunity to earn the National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) designation.
- Our program enhances a college degree you may already have or allows you to take a first step toward a college degree. Ball State offers a minor in residential property management in its all-online bachelor of general studies degree or a bachelor's degree in residential property management on our Muncie, Indiana, campus. Your credits can count toward either of these degrees.
- You will have access to Ball State's Residential Property Management Advisory Board, whose members represent major property management companies from across the country. Board members serve as supporters of the program and hire many of our graduates.
A few of the courses for this 24-credit undergraduate certificate program in apartment management include:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Customer Service
- Housing Decisions
- Introduction to Residential Property Management
- Marketing and Leasing Residential Properties
- Maintenance for Property Managers
- Management of Government-Assisted Housing
For a complete list of all courses and their descriptions, please see our course catalog.
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Whether you are transferring credits in from another university or have never taken college courses anytime or anywhere before now, we invite you to learn about Ball State's admission requirements and how to apply to this program. Admission requirements vary with how far along you are in your education.
This program has rolling admissions—which means you can apply any time. Your advisor will help you determine which semester you can start registering for courses.
Please plan to give staff from your previous schools at least 3-4 weeks to send official transcripts to Ball State. We will review them as soon as we receive all your application materials.
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all application on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient, comprehensive, and secure online application.
Students from Other States
Ball State is authorized to accept online students from all U.S. states. However, certain states have regulations regarding licensing programs in nursing and education. Learn more about state authorizations for non-Indiana students.
Want to Learn More?
Do you have questions about this program or online learning? We’re here to help! You may request more information using our online form, or feel free to reach out directly to one of our staff.
Request Info Contact Us