An effective curriculum is the backbone of a successful school, setting up teachers and administrators to successfully help their students progress through their educations. Developing a curriculum requires extensive research and analysis, intricate planning, and a deep understanding of how students learn and grow.
Our graduate certificate in curriculum development and leadership—offered entirely online by the Department of Educational Studies in our nationally renowned Teachers College—will prepare you to fill this vital role in any school.
This program is ideal for anyone who:
- wants to specialize in curriculum development and implementation
- develop skills needed for building-level administrator license requirement
Thinking about a Master’s Degree?
This certificate will allow you to apply credits you earn toward two of our master’s degrees:
The Teachers College is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. Learn more.
Total Credits: 12
Both of the following:
- EDCU 601 – Principles and Procedures of Curriculum Development (3 credits)
- EDCU 673 – Curriculum Evaluation (3 credits)
Two of the following:
- EDCU 610 – The Elementary School Curriculum (3 credits)
- EDCU 620 – The Secondary School Curriculum (3 credits)
- EDCU 630 – The Junior High and Middle School Curriculum (3 credits)
- EDCU 640 – The Alternative School Curricula (3 credits)
For a complete list of program requirements and courses, see the course catalog.
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Are you interested in our program? Then it’s time to apply!
Do you want to learn more about our program or have questions about the application process or financial aid? We’re here to help! You may either request more information by completing our simple online form, or you may contact us directly by phone or email.
Request Info Contact Us