Become a recognized technology leader in your school or business with a graduate certificate in computer education.
Our courses are designed to benefit K-12 teachers, as well as trainers in business, nonprofit, or governmental settings. Plus, you will be learning from faculty who are national leaders in technology and education. U.S. News & World Report in 2019 listed Ball State's online graduate programs in education the 38th among such programs in the nation.
Students can select courses that allow them to complete the program entirely online.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered include:
- integrating technology into teaching
- digital storytelling
- problem-based learning
- instructional design
- digital-based literacy
- technology policy
- distance education and online teaching tools
Indiana teachers may instead opt to earn a computer education teaching license.
, Associate Professor of Secondary Education Educational Technology
Department of Educational Studies
The following online courses are offered in this 15-credit graduate certificate program:
Required Classes (9 Credits)
- EDTE 550 Curriculum Integration of Learning Technology (3 credits)
- EDTE 670 Technology Policy and Pedagogy (3 credits)
- EDTE 685 Educational Informatics and Technology Leadership (3 credits)
Electives (6 Credits)
- EDTE 655 Inquiry and Simulation Models in Educational Computing (3 credits)
- EDTE 660 Instructional Design and Technology (3 credits)
EDTE 665 Children, Technology, and Digital Literacy (3 credits)
- EDTE 675 Distance Education and Distributed Learning Technology (3 credits)
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
You will first want to check if you meet the admission requirements for the Ball State Graduate School. Then you may apply.
No GRE is required.
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all application on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient, comprehensive, and secure online application.
Want to Learn More?
Do you have questions about this program or online learning? We're here to help! You may request more information using our online form, or feel free to reach out directly to one of our staff.
Request Info Contact Us