The special education minor, which can help secure your future in the field of early childhood special education, is only available to students in the Family and Child major.
However, you can take any online minor to complete the bachelor’s degree including:
The early childhood special education program is part of the major in family and child in the Department of Early Childhood, Youth, and Family Studies.
*Students who transfer in ECED 230 from Ivy Tech (or an equivalent course from elsewhere) will be able to complete the remaining courses for this minor online.
- SPCE 200 Exceptional Children and Adults (3 credits)
Or SPCE 201 Introduction to Students With Exceptional Needs (3 credits)
Or SPCE 302 Teaching Students with Disabilities in the General Education Classroom (3 credits)
- SPCE 210 Theory and Practices in Early Childhood Special Education (3 credits)
- SPCE 215 Assessment of Young Children With Exceptional Needs (3 credits)
- SPCE 311 Developmental Methods for Infants and Toddlers with Exceptional Needs (3 credits)
- SPCE 312 Developmental Methods for Preschool Children with Exceptional Needs (3 credits)
- SPCE 417 Practicum: Infants/Toddlers and Preschoolers with Special Needs (1-6 credits)