The undergraduate coaching minor prepares you to coach student-athletes across all levels of their development. Our program emphasizes coaching theory and philosophy, administration, leadership, strength & conditioning principles, injury prevention, and sport psychology. You will earn hands-on experience working with student-athletes and coaches as well as complete an internship with a team and sport of your choice.
The coaching minor assists you in developing the knowledge, skills, and professional attitudes and behaviors required for you to succeed in the coaching profession. Our faculty continually strive to provide you with the most current evidence-based techniques and coaching practices through their own continued professional experience and education.
This minor works well with majors in:
Our program emphasizes:
- Coaching sports
- Coaching methods
- Fitness training assessment
- Motor development
Admission requirements include:
- attain minimum overall GPA of 2.5 a time of application
- completion of KINE 231 with a C or better
- completion of the School of Kinesiology Minor in Coaching Application
Total Credits: 18
A few of the classes you will take include:
- Foundations of Coaching (KINE 231)
- Athletic Safety and Injury Prevention (KINE 240) Personal Nutrition (NUTR 275)
- Psychological/Social Issues in Sport (KINE 409)
- Coaching Internship (KINE 433)
For a complete list of all the courses you will take and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.
Connect with Us