Statement and Goals
Keeping in line with the College of Health’s mission to embrace an innovative, collaborative, interprofessional/interdisciplinary environment for learning, discovery, and engagement we acknowledge a responsibility to prepare professionals who recognize and reflect the importance of shared experiences of individuals of differing religious, ethnic, and socioeconomic cultures, including those of varying abilities, age, sexual orientation, and gender identification. Moreover, the College of Health is committed to proactively recruiting, supporting, and retaining a diverse college community of faculty, staff, and students.
We aim to accomplish these goals through instructional practices, collegial engagement, and continued reevaluation of the college atmosphere to ensure a sustained commitment towards progress.
These values will be aligned with the College policies and procedures as well as other written documents, and solidified by striving to meet the following diversity objectives:
- Foster a climate of inclusivity, equity, and access. (e.g., climate; culture)
- Develop diversity recruiting goals for faculty, staff, and students. (e.g., recruitment)
- Identify, acknowledge, and support the needs of diverse faculty, staff, and students. (e.g., retention)
- Expand diversity awareness, knowledge, and competency for faculty, staff, and students. (e.g., education)
- Foster and recognize diversity-related scholarship, teaching, creative pursuits, and service. (e.g., recognition)
- Support dissemination of diversity-related scholarship. (e.g., community engagement; public relations)