Congratulations on your acceptance to one of the best universities in the Midwest! We are excited to welcome you to the Ball State family.
Ball State is a traditional university with a nontraditional approach. We see education as a way for our students to find their niche in the world.
At Ball State, we are committed to making your transition to graduate school as easy as possible. This page features important information to help you transition to this new phase of your career; suggested next steps are detailed below to help you prepare for graduate study.
If you have any questions regarding your transition to graduate school, please contact Stephanie Simon-Dack, associate dean of the graduate school.
Are You an International Student?
Are You an Online and Distance Education Student?
- Log in to your Ball State email account (using your Ball State username and password) and check your university email account frequently for important correspondence from us. Username and password information is issued and sent to the email address you provided on your graduate application, four to seven days after you applied. If you have not received this information, please contact the Graduate School at 765-285-1301.
- Download instructions for how to register for classes at Ball State.
- Learn about services
for current students. Get your computer ready for the academic year and check out hardware and software discounts available to students.
- Visit our housing or watch our university housing video.
- Complete vaccination and medical history requirements with the Health Center. You may also want to purchase student health services, if you don’t already have health insurance coverage. Other health insurance options are Healthy Indiana Plan (for those who qualify) or the federal health insurance exchange.
- Remember your Ball State ID.