You may have finished your studies in English, but your relationship with us lasts a lifetime.
We hope you’ll stay involved with the department and connect with faculty, current students, and fellow graduates.
And we’re always happy to welcome those who love language and believe in the value of a degree in English.
Whether you’re an alum or a friend, you can share your experience, expertise, and support to help today’s students become tomorrow’s professionals.
You can provide the connections our students need for jobs and internships.
How You Can Help
- Write a blog post about your career.
- Join Cardinals Connect and search for the appropriate "Compass Group" so that current students can see all the careers they might pursue.
- Volunteer to speak at a Cardinal Directions event and share your expertise with students.
- Hire an English major as an intern.
- Talk to current students via Zoom or agree to let them do a job shadow with you.
If you’re interested in getting involved, contact Prof. Cathy Day by email.
Support Our Programs
Many of our students are able to succeed thanks to the generosity of our alumni and friends. Gifts to our department, made through the Ball State University Foundation, support our scholarships and creative endeavors.