Shape Your Community: Urban planning workshops for high school students
Ball State University’s Department of Urban Planning is partnering with the City of Indianapolis Department of Metropolitan Development to bring this fun, interactive workshop to high school students. This one-day workshop will allow high school students to experience realistic exercises in understanding the Urban Planning process and the ways everyday people can get involved in shaping development in their communities. We’ll play games, hear from urban planning professionals about the opportunities and challenges of creating communities, and take a walk around the neighborhood in each city to discuss planning in real life. Lunch will be provided.
- Cost: Free
- Location: Muncie or Indianapolis
- Required access to internet for pre-workshop meeting
- Registration and more information: email@example.com
This program is for high school students (9th-12th grade) interested in learning more about the built environment and how to manage community growth and change. Workshops will be in two cities this summer.
- Saturday, June 24, 2023, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. —Muncie | Ball State Architecture Building, Room 316 Register Here
- Saturday, July 15, 2023, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. —Indianapolis| Ball State CAP: Indy Center, 25 N. Pine St. Register Here
Students, this experience will look great on your resume and open your eyes to career paths of college majors you might not have considered previously! Urban Planning is a field with lots of opportunities, and we can’t wait to introduce you to some of them!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.