Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System
The Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS) is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to gauge relative progress toward sustainability. STARS was developed by AASHE with broad participation from the higher education community.
STARS is designed to:
- Provide a framework for understanding sustainability in all sectors of higher education.
- Enable meaningful comparisons over time and across institutions using a common set of measurements developed with broad participation from the campus sustainability community.
- Create incentives for continual improvement toward sustainability.
- Facilitate information sharing about higher education sustainability practices and performance.
- Build a stronger, more diverse campus sustainability community.
The STARS framework is intended to engage and recognize the full spectrum of colleges and universities in the United States and Canada – from community colleges to research universities, and from institutions just starting their sustainability programs to long-time campus sustainability leaders. STARS encompasses long-term sustainability goals for already high-achieving institutions as well as entry points of recognition for institutions that are taking first steps toward sustainability.
The current version of STARS is STARS Version 2.1
Ball State filed under STARS Version 2.0 on December 16, 2015 and received a Gold Rating.
Click here to view the STARS 2.0 report.
Ball State filed under STARS Version 1.2 on September 28, 2012 and received a Gold Rating.
Click here to view the STARS 1.2 report.
STARS 1.0, which launched in, 2010, was the first version of STARS in which participants could earn a rating.
Ball State filed under STARS Version 1.0 on August 2, 2011 and received a Silver Rating.
Click here to view the STARS 1.0 report.
In compliance with the filing of our STARS 2.1 report, we have linked the following supplemental documents below:
In compliance with the filing of our STARS 2.0 report, we have linked the following supplemental PDF documents below: