Ball State University is collaborating through its Center for Energy Research/Education/Service with the developers of the Solar Farm at the Indianapolis Airport (IND Solar Farm) to create content for:
- information kiosks to be housed in the civic plaza of the airport terminal
- a geo-caching smart phone app for traveler access to information on the project
- sample illustrations of the application of this technology to communities across Indiana
View this video describing the Ball State "Building Better Communities" project engaging these issues.
Download the Spring 2015 Report on the Mobile Learning project at the airport solar farm (pdf).
Visit this web site describing the full breadth of the sustainability initiatives undertaken by the Indianapolis Airport Authority (IAA).
The Project Details:
- 75 acre solar farm
- 12 megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV) system
- Produces 17,000 megawatt hours (MWh) per year, enough to power 1,800 homes
- Largest solar power project in Indianapolis to date
- Largest solar power project for a US airport to date
Complete Project information is available here: http://indsolarfarm.com/
See real-time energy data from the IND Solar Farm installation.