In general, projects submitted to the research competition involve a systematic process of investigation or study that will produce facts or theories, apply such knowledge to problem-solving within the discipline or in society, or pursue a specific avenue of inquiry. Results of research should be worthy of submission for publication in refereed journals and should serve as foundation for an external funding application.
Requested support can be in the form of summer stipend, supplemental assigned time, summer graduate research assistantship, and/or supplies, expenses, equipment, and travel (SEET).
Apply for this grant through our online portal. Recipients must also provide a final report.
Pre-Submission Review Due: December 15
Final Submission Deadline: January 8
Congratulations to the following recipients of this grant for the 2022-2023 Academic Year:
- Ashley Kalinski Curren (CSH) - Establishing a co-culture system to examine the impacts of injury-activated immune cells on axonal dynamics
- Jake Son (CAP) - Biomimicry in the Built Environment: A Novel Biomimetic Window System by Delivering Daylight
- Dorna Eshrati (CAP) - Achieving Inclusive Excellence in Environmental Design: A Comprehensive Rating System for Public Spaces
- Grace Park (CCIM) - Next step after COVID-19: Developing effective vaccine promotional messages for children
- William Price (CSH) - The “Black Gold” Rush: Investigating Oil Tourism in California
- Faezeh Soleimani (CSH) - Applications of Machine Learning and Statistical Modeling on Engineering Problems
- Bowen Zhang (CSH) - Estimating Phosphorus Fluxes in the Ohio River Basin Using a Machine-Learning Approach
For questions regarding the Aspire program, please contact the program’s manager or email us.